Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Printemps Classique

I finished all the parts of this kit last night before bed. Then I couldn’t sleep. But I chose to read for what ended up being a couple hours instead of booting the Mac back up. I woke up this morning with a preview still to be done. So, the preview was my lunch entertainment.

“Printemps Classique,” French for “Classic Spring,” is my kit for the DSO Color Challenge this month. I really like how this one turned out. Not that I would post it if I thought it wasn’t good, but I like the flowers and soft colors. It was bright and sunny in Toledo today and the springy colors sorta match the day. They match the buds that are starting to show up on the trees and the kitten in the window who can’t get enough of that fresh air!

The kitten wasn’t so peaceful earlier today. It was Spring Fever - War of the Cats in the office window for a while. Kaline was on her cat pedestal, a carpeted piece of feline furniture with a housie on the bottom and a rope covered scratching post between the housie roof and the cat-shelf on top. She was watching out the window, enjoying the sun coming in and almost falling asleep. Baggle thought that her perch looked like a good place to look out the window, so he jumped up, back paws on the far edge and front paws on the window frame, straddling Kaline. Kaline rolled over, paws in the air and was pushing at Baggle’s belly. I really wanted a picture and grabbed the camera, but too late! Kaline swiped a paw at him, squirmed and jumped down.

Now, of course that wasn’t the end. After all, it’s Kaline’s perch, she was there first and she wanted to be back there. She paced on the floor, looking up at her big brother who was watching out “her” window and didn’t even notice that she hadn’t left the room when she jumped down. She got onto the middle level and squirmed around the scratching post a bit. She sharpened her claws, watching Baggle all the while. Baggle looked down at her and she swiped a paw at him, he swiped back. This went on for a couple minutes as she snaked around the scratching post and swiped again a couple more times.

Then she jumped up on my scanner, which is on a table right next to the cat furniture. She moved to the window ledge and stared at Baggle. Then the direct contact paws commenced, eyes locked on each other, Kaline’s claws and Baggle’s brute strength. They used those same tools to tag-team a mouse at my Dad’s house in 2006, so they knew each other’s arsenals well. The war was brief and it ended in a truce that left the pedestal empty. There’s been no residual swiping paws or anything, but they did NOT take their afternoon siesta curled up together on the bed either. I’m sure they’ll be fine. It’s just spring fever. It effects house cats too! But it did give me a few photos to use for a sample for the new kit!


Paws At Two Paces

Credits -- Kit - Printemps Classique by Digitalegacies, Font - Georgia


And here is Printemps Classique!


sorry, link is expired.

7 comments:

Kim B said...

LOL- yeah and winter is settling in here- boo hoo! My kitty is now putting on some weight and lying around curled up on the blanket- wahahaha.
GREAT KIT girl! Love the full floral paper- it's STUNNING!
Thanks for sharing and toot tooting through on the DSO train-
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much.

This is a very pretty kit.

Lots of luv

Chris

txbubbles said...

Coming through on the blog train...Terrific kit, love these colors! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Riding the DSO blog train too!

Nothing like kitty boxing to make a day complete. LOL....

love the kit! Great job!!! You all do such great jobs with Kims color challenge!!

Unknown said...

Passin' thru on the blog train... LOL at the kittys boxing Beautiful kit and LO

Winged Heart said...

Love the soft colors of this kit! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for your lovely contribution!!!!!!!