Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, January 5, 2009

The Spouse That Snored

Do you have snoring significant other or roommate? Has anyone ever said anything to you about “Shaking the rafters” at night with your snoring? It can be a pain, true. When our family home was being built in 1976, we stayed with my Great Grandmother and I shared a room with her. It’s amazing I made it to middle school!

Seriously, I got to the point where the sound of snoring, even loud snoring, became comforting to me and now even when David snores I sleep right through it, unless the sounds are just “wrong.” When he has a cold the snoring is irregular and noticeable to me. But thus far, I’ve never noticed odd snoring unless he has a cold. But I know a little about what to listen for! I studied up on it as best I could when Mums and I shared a room!

Sleep Disorders Guide is a great online resource. Make sure what you find annoying isn’t a sign of something worse than annoying, like sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a condition where one actually stops breathing while asleep. Does your partner ever wake up choking or gasping? Does your roomie wake up several times a night? Those could be symptoms of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can also lead to weight gain, memory loss and depression. That’s a bit more serious than an annoyance to joke about!

Visit the Sleep Disorders Guide to get more information on sleep apnea or other sleep disorders like restless leg syndrome, narcolepsy or bedwetting. You can even get tips on lessening or avoiding jet lag! It’s a great resource to have bookmarked!

No comments: