Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

Finding Your Next Best Friend


Growing up our family had a tri-colored collie, Missy. She was an awesome dog! She was the epitome of the char4act5eristics of her breed. Collies are smart, loyal, protective of their families and homes and big enough to be intimidating if they need to be, yet gentle enough to play with the kids and not hurt anyone.

I’d like to introduce you to the boy whose picture is on top of this post. His name is Conner. Conner is a neutered 9-year-old brown and white rough collie. He lives in Temperance, Michigan…in a shelter. He’s one of the many pets in this country that is without a home.

There are lots of reasons pets end up in shelters looking for homes. In this economy, people have had to give up beloved pets because they plain can’t afford to feed them or because they lose their homes and end up having to move to someplace they can’t have pets. There are many cases too, where they pet is the companion of a sick or elderly person who passes. Can you imagine grieving the loss of your master and then being sent out to a shelter to live in a cage? And believe me, pets do grieve. I remember watching Azzie for a week after Mom passed. She really missed her.

Conner has a chance at least. He’s listed on Petango, an Internet search site where you can find and adopt a pet. I found Connor’s profile at Petango. I guess, even as a cat person, I’ll always have a soft spot for Collies after Missy. Adult pets, when adopted, of course will need a little adjustment time, but they have the experience of having lived with a family before. They are already familiar with people-rules and already know how to get to know you and get to love you.

Of course another reason to visit Petango.com - Adopt a cat!! I was hoping our local cat shelter was one of the shelters listed there in our area and I think I’ll mention Petango to them when David and I attend the fundraiser poker tournament next month. Petango posts pictures when they can and tells you all about the cats, dogs and other pets in need of homes in your area.

If you have room in your home and heart for a faithful companion, a furry someone who will be ever grateful for rescuing them from life in a cage, please consider checking out Petango to find those in need near you.


Post?slot_id=72302&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: