Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In Sorrow, Peace

Bittersweet. That’s the word I’d use to describe today. Bittersweet. I was awakened before six o’clock by my phone ringing. I knew what the call was by the time. At 5:44 AM, it had to be the hospice nurse and it was. “I’m sorry to tell you, your Grandma has passed.”

She had been hanging on, almost miraculously, by a thread for a few days. Our prayers had become ones for peace as recovery was finally past reasonable possibilities. Yesterday she was restless and fighting pain. Pain killers and stress relievers were administered to give her comfort. Then this morning, final comfort.

I’m not really up to writing about it right now. Soon, I will share the story of this truly wonderful woman, but for now, I’ll be attending to other responsibilities and absent from blogging for a few days. Knowing it’s coming doesn’t make it easy, but it does make it more bearable. Your positive thoughts and prayers for my family for strength and closure are appreciated beyond measure at this time.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Nani, I am so sorry. I will light a candle in my window for your Grandma and keep you in my prayers. God bless, hugs, Edna.

Veelana said...

Nani, I'm really sorry. I have been following your posts about her and I know how much you did for her - and even though knowing that its coming does not make it any easier, knowing that you did everything you could, should. You are a wonderful granddaughter and you grandma was lucky to have you in her life!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been around here a lot, just reading this post. I'm sorry about the loss of your grandmother.