Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, July 9, 2010

Noisy Friday!

This has been quite a week! Lots of challenges, most the "worth it" kind that will have bright results!

I am watching workers dragging a large bundle of PVC pipes into our basement. We’re getting a full water-proofing and foundation strengthening done on our sweet 1950s house. Wednesday was a day of loud power hammering in the basement in preparation for installing the piping and repairing cracks. I’m not going to pretend that I really know exactly what they’re doing. When David and I met with the rep for the inital consultation, we really did notice what was wrong beyond what we’d already known! The rep was great at answering every question we had and explaining all the details, twice if we asked.

So, today is another day of loud power hammering and drilling. There is a crew of about a half dozen bare-chested and sweaty 20-something men around the outside of the house and in the basement. There are also three cats bunkered in our bedroom! Carla seems okay on the bed as usual. I think she had some experience with loud noises and strangers before she joined the family. Baggle is spending most of his time under the bed and Kaline is mostly snuggled between the luggage in the closet. Their Daddy brought up a little box that’s in the office and water in the bedroom for them. When I went up to check on them and give them treats, they all came out for me. Up two floors from the drilling, it’s cushioned from the noise a little. They came down at lunch when the crew was on break, but scooted quickly back upstairs when the noise started back up.

Today is a scrapping day for me. There is too much noise to concentrate for studying and I can’t exactly leave for the library or anything with a houseful of workers! I’ve had a nasty cold all week and I really don’t want to go out anyway.

That was my AG souvenir! Yanno, I’ve been sick only twice since I moved to Ohio in 2007 and both times it was a bug I caught in a Michigan Hotel. I haven’t been gone from the Motherland so long that the governor isn’t one I voted for. Maybe I should write Gov. Granholm and ask her to look into it! But “germs in the hotels” is probably a distant low priority in a state that’s in economic crisis. I’m in the little stuffy and coughing phase now anyway. I’ll be like new by Monday. All this dust is cleaning out my nasal passages one sneeze at a time to help my recovery along!

I’ve been building my Progressive Scrap page at The Studio this week. Jeanette, Designs by mITSYBELLE, is hosting and created an add-on for her kit, Another Year, for the scrap. All, her kits are on half-off sale this week and I picked up the full kit. It’s a great kit for birthdays and trains so far for me!

Speaking of great stuff at The Studio, DARLENE HAUGHIN IS BACK!!!! After a break to catch up on some offline things, both of her online stores, Digital Scrapbooking Studio and Scrap Bird, are open again! She has a new kit out to celebrate the reopenings called Memory Lane.



This is a perfect kit for vintage layouts, with soft, dusty colors to really make black and white photos pop! My first layouts are pages of memories from one of our cleaning weeks at Grandma’s house. We did some reminiscing and I photographed a lot of things to do pages with some journaling for scrapping.


Credit: Memory Lane by Darlene Haughin

Memory Lane is introductory priced at 35% off at both of Darlene’s stores at Digital Scrapbooking Studio and Scrap Bird!


Now I’m going to pop another Benadryl and some Advil and make lunch. If the pills don’t make me too sleepy, I’ll hit this month’s challenges at The Studio and Designs In Digital with some more of my catching up in 2007! I don’t think even a Benadryl side effect will put me to sleep with all this noise. I just hope it doesn’t make my scrap pages look like unintentional Picassos!

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Sorry to hear you have a bug. Hope it goes away quickly. I loved your layouts from cleaning out Grandma's house. It's a bit noisy around here too between power tools, chopping, chipping machines and rototillers. But when the work is all done, it will look really nice in my yard.

You take care of yourself and get well. Hugs, Edna B.

makeyesup said...

Sounds like you have a busy week with all that work being done. Hope the pounding doesn't make your cold headache any worse. If it does, hide with the cats....