Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lights Christmas

I’m dreaming of a lights Christmas
Just like the ones without the snow
Where the trees all twinkle
But no sprained ankles
From slipping on ice out when you go

I’m dreaming of a lights Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be warmer, yet bright
‘Cause my all your Christmases have lights


Yeah, maybe I’m getting old, or maybe it’s just the common fear of one who walks with assistance, but the snow can go away any time. I don’t need Christmas snow, just give me the lights and I feel merry and jolly!

I have some totally cool people around me. We have David’s Mom’s wheelchair and David and I have already discussed the possibility of using it when Rina and Tori are here to go to the lights at the Zoo. I hope it won’t be too cold, but I do have plenty of regular and Splenda hot drink mixes. I have never been to the lights at the Zoo and have really wanted to.

Also, I’ll get to use the chair for Christmas before that. I have an awesome baby brother! Dave and fam get up to Dad’s the day before Christmas Eve and go to the Eastern Market in Detroit on Christmas Eve morning. We always used to go to go the Saturday before Christmas, but I haven’t been in years. David and I usually go up later in the day, after he gets off work. I’ve really missed the Eastern Market during the holidays and I lamented not being able to go. Dave said, “Well Sis, you can go with us, just like old times!” When I reminded him of my knee and not being able to do it, he said he’d push the chair so I could go.

Now, when my brother is pushing a wheel chair with me in it, there is some teasing that goes on in the form of how fast he can get me going. David does it too. But it’s all good. I kind of enjoy it, but he needs to remember he’s setting that example for the girls. If the day comes that he is old and can’t do the walking, they’ll be pushing him – in the way he taught them! Hehe

Now I take this all in stride and with a smile because I’ll get the MRI on my knee in January. Maybe next year I’ll be able to do the walking? I’m going to take advantage of the seat for the events this year and being able to take lots of pictures! One of the parts of the holiday season I love is reminiscing…and making new memories to reminisce about in the years to come.

2 comments:

seamhead gypsy said...

Two thoughts come immediately to mind...first one is, we should see some great pictures... and second, i sure hope you're not posting a future blog about some new injury that you sustained in a wheelchair race or accident or mishap or something like that :-)...i hope to get our cards in the mail today...i picked out a special one for you and David...stay warm, stay well!

Edna B said...

May I say that the wheelchair is a splendid idea for the holidays and the many festivities that take place.

Last winter when I went to Disney's Wild Animal Kingdom, I rented an electric chair. Otherwise, I would not have been able to enjoy the day as I can't really walk very long.

These chairs have advantages too. You get to go to the front of the line in many places. Ah huh! That's a plus right there!

In any event, Have a wonderful holiday, stay warm and stay off the ice.

Hugs, Edna B.