Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Mug Shot

I’m starting to get a grasp on things again. Yeesh! Two classes and more doctor junk than I’m comfortable with had me a bit at wit’s end. Of course I said way back before I got the first MRI that I was ready for surgery and recovery, taking my classes online was part of that. It was a good plan, but it’s not running n my schedule. I’m a bit of a control freak and it’s really challenging my normally “up” disposition!

Ah, but this week is Spring Break for schools in Indiana where Tori and Rina live. Tori has a full Spring Break plate at home and Rina has some dog-training scheduled with my Dad. For the first couple of days of the week, she’s here! Yay! Happy Auntie! After breakfast out and chasing a few trains before David went in for his late shift today, we have plans for some Middle Eastern food for dinner and some relax time, maybe a movie or a game this evening.

It’s good for my stress-level. I’ve got a day with my mind off the medical junk and that last XML chapter that just had me pulling my hair out! It also gives me a time for a quick mug!

Monday Mug Shot

I Love Trains!
Minnesota Hobby Shop

I just love this mug for a bunch of reasons. Of course there is the simple railfan thing, it suits me. But there is also that it fits a cup out of the Keurig maker perfectly. The number one best part about the mug though, is that it was a gift from David on our honeymoon!

It was a day we slept in a little after waking up to rain pouring outside. Then after breakfast at iHop we started west out of St. Paul, MN to South Dakota. Of course, since there was no baseball planned that day and the rain made it a definite travel day and not one for trains, we were a bit leisurely about getting out of town. David had located and wanted to stop at a few hobby stores to check out the train selections. I stayed in the care with the CDs and my travel journal while he checked out the hobby stores. When he came back to the car from one of them, dodging raindrops that were falling by the bucket, he presented me with a bag. In that bag was this mug! How awesome! He not only accepts my strange collection, but now he’s helping!

That happened to be the day that shifted between rain and not, but was mostly cloudy until we reached a spot with sun in the distance and REALLY dark clouds right in front of us. The scanner was telling us there was a train up there, but before or after the heavy rain? We got walloped with the rain and our first sight of the train, but because there was sun coming, we followed it, hoping for sun, thinking maybe even a rainbow? Maybe?

Well, we broke through to the other side of the rain and there was the train – and a gorgeous DOUBLE rainbow! Every time I enjoy a cup of coffee in this mug, I think of that day from our honeymoon and thought it’s just black and red paint on a white mug, I see a rainbow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog:)

Mhy son would love that cup:)

Edna B said...

It's good to have you smiling again. What a lovely memory story attached to your mug. I hope you enjoy your time with your nieces.

I have been dealing with Blogger. It has been playing havoc with my postings. After a bit of poking around, I'm hoping that I found the culprit. It seems that Blogger changed the editing procedures, and I don't recall ever getting a notice of the change. But then where would the fun be if they notified me of all the new changes?

I'm off now to do a few things around here. Here's to more rainbows for you. Hugs, Edna B.