Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, April 25, 2011

Leftovers Are Good Things



My Blue Heaven was not a winning alpha in The Studio’s Spring Fling Designer Challenge last week. Then again, I joined this challenge because I hadn’t done any design work in a while and I had the itch. There were some really nice alphas and I’m not feeling competitive at all. There are great paper sets with matching elements and alphas available for free at Digital Scrapbooking Studio right now. The theme is weddings, but a lot of them don’t have to be used for weddings when you scrap with them.

This week’s challenge in the Spring Fling Designer Challenge is “the extras.” I did the work on my extras most of the day yesterday. I read the challenge, closed the window and went to work. I was done before that show on MLB Network that I talked about in the Mug Shot. Then I was ready to upload and I checked ack at the challenge in the forum. The extras were to be a set or quick pages, clusters, word art…NOT a set with all of them! OH NO!!!

So, it was back to the drawing board, or Photoshop clipboard anyway. I decided to go with the quick page and add to that to make a set. That’s the set that is in the preview on top of today’s blog. I chose to leave the original quick page as the only one I used any of the new elements on. Today’s freebie will let you know which page that is!

Here is the embellished frame, journal mat and word art that accompanied that quick page:


Click on the preview to go to the download
There’s no password on this one.

I hope you enjoy My Blue Heaven and the extras I made to complement it in this contest.

2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Apr. 26, 2011. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

I think you did a great job on your QP's. I also liked your alpha, and I'm not really an alpha person.

I never had that "mom and me" type of relationship growing up, but I do have it with my kids. It's a nice feeling.

Your baseball mug is great, and a bargain at $1.50. Sometimes I miss all the mugs that I collected over the years. But then, I don't have the room for them anyway. So seeing yours is a treat. You have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.