Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, July 11, 2011

Help, Todd! Thunder!


I’m typing in the middle of strong storm 2 today. The first one knocked out the power around 11:00 this morning. The power was out for about 8 minutes. The second one, just now at about 12:45 was supposed to be stronger. I don’t think it was. There was more lightning after the rain than the first one, but the first one blew And rained harder. Maybe that was just the weather cell was more centered over our house the first time.

Todd on The Weather Channel was saying the second cell had the potential for tornadoes. Kaline was downstairs with me, sleeping by my computer, so no worries there if we needed to head for the basement, but I called Carla, shook the treat bag and sang the Kitty Treats song, loud, three times, and she didn’t come downstairs. I do know when rain starts and you can hear it on the patio awning upstairs, Carla heads for the bedroom closet. Now, if the house was broken in to, that would probably be a great place to hide, but the uppermost floor is NOT a good place to hide from a tornado! Fortunately, the siren never went off and the severe thunder storm warning expired. Now we are under a watch. It’s still gloomy-looking and my barometric body is telling me to take this as an easy day. Ugh. I’d wanted to do some laundry today. I may still be able to later in the afternoon.

I found out that I had the Nanifest roman numeral wrong! According to Numericana.com, the proper number is XLV, not VL. The rule is that only the next number down can be subtracted, or on the left. Smaller numbers are added on the right. So, it forty, XL, then five, V. So Nanifest XLV starts July 22 at 5PM!

Grrr… Thunder again. It’s not giving me enough time to charge the laptop battery between cells now. So, maybe I’ll check in after more rain.


Links: Numericana Roman Numerals

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Last night's thunder here was wicked loud too. I don't think I've ever heard it quite so loud. Nani, you stay safe. And keep the babies close. I don't like tornadoes. I'm praying they stay away from you.

You have a safe day, hugs, Edna B.