Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Update

Photo "Road" by by Petr Kratochvil

Well, Hello! For anyone who was wondering, I was on vacation and it happened to coincide with the start of fall semester, so I vanished for a while. I’m so sorry to anyone that worried! Edna is a dear and caring friend who made a point of looking for me, even as Massachusetts was getting drenched by Irene! But, see Edna? I’m ba-ack!!

I didn’t want to post too much that I was away because I didn’t want to chance that our friend who looks after her “grandcats” could have to let us know there were any shenanigans in our absence or that she’d have to deal with any. I’m probably overprotective, but WAY better to be that than careless, right? There were a few vacation statuses on Twitter, so a few that appeared here, but I won’t take out a cyber-billboard that we’ll be gone for 2 weeks, ya know? So, that was the 2-week vacation we had planned that I spoke of when I introduced why Joe/Jo Morgan wouldn’t be adopted until fall. But I guess we could start talking about our next cat now!

Our vacation was, as it usually is at this time of the year, for trains and baseball. We were hoping to follow the Norfolk Southern Business Train in New York and catch one of the final runs of the New Jersey Transit’s Aces train that runs in and out of Atlantic City. We’d compiled baseball schedules for teams in New York, and the coast from Maine to New Jersey to go with our plans. Well, thanks to the same Irene that knocked out Edna’s power, our travel plans changed too! We never got to Connecticut to visit David’s brother and family who were also in the dark for a while. We did make it to New Jersey for the last weekend of our trip and had a short visit with our friend, Maria, the evening before she left on her vacation. Maria gave us an A-ball baseball suggestion that was not just a great evening, but my first trip to Delaware too!

When David and I travel, we have short little songs or cheers we sing as we cross the state line. I’m going to make word arts for those cheers for scrapbooking. I think I’m going to offer them on this blog as freebies. Some of the cheers may not be so universal. When we cross the border into Indiana, we text the cheer to my brother and Sis-in-law, “P-O-T-A-T-O-E, Indiana, Indiana, he-he-he!” and when we cross into New Jersey, it’s “Welcome to New Jersey,” with me trying to “YAY!” louder than my New York native hubby’s “PBTZZZZZ!” But a lot of them are adapted from songs or tourism slogans; “You’ve got a friend in Pennsylvania,” “Just an old sweet song, keeps Georgia on my mind!” Those ones will probably be more downloaded for other people’s scrapbooks.

The next few blog posts will share some of our trip. Those posts will appear in the midst of some scrapbooking and lots of homework as well as a big pot of vegetable soup which I’m masking this afternoon.

Much as I enjoy traveling, it’s good to be home!

No comments: