Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Leftovers Day!

Fall Cornucopia by Jeanette ONeil

Isn’t that a great image? It’s a public domain photo by Jeanette ONeil. She has some nice stuff. There is a link to donate if you choose. I sent her a cup of coffee, maybe a tall Starbucks if she wants to!

I love cornucopias. The symbolism jet gets me, it feels like an accurate symbol for me. It seems like no matter how big the cornucopia for any given part of my life is, it’s spilling over in abundance. No matter what is bad in my world, I can stuff it in the bottom of my personal cornucopia and smother it with the joy that scatters out onto my table of life.

I hope you don’t think I‘m being too corny! ;)


We had a small, but very nice feast yesterday. Aunt Judy made a pumpkin pie that was TO DIE FOR! I like the boxed pies just fine, but made from scratch has always got that “something.”

It wasn’t such a great football day. Green Bay is still quite undefeated and the Lions still haven’t figured out how to win on Thanksgiving Day, at home, with any real success, but it was still tradition to watch. I wonder if the Lions losing has become part of that tradition too?

Today is Green and Red Friday. I don’t and have never done Black Friday. I think competitive shopping is about as opposite of Holiday Spirit as you can get. BUT, I know there are a lot of people who enjoy it and consider it a kick-off to holiday giving. I hope they all had fun and got great deals. But to the ones who threw punches in Toledo or the woman who pepper sprayed Wal-Mart customers to get the deal first in California; SHAME ON YOU! You’re not celebrating anything but selfishness and ill will. Personally, I don’t ever want to receive a gift from that kind of behavior. Bring me a card and have coffee with me and if you can’t pick out a card without violence, just have coffee. Gifts that come from violence lose their worth before they even leave the store. It’s a cruel message to call a gift.

Holiday and soap box in one paragraph, wow! LOL

So far, Green and Red Friday has been putting my Christmas music on my blog, and listening to Christmas music. I still have essays and a final paper to finish for school, which should all be done by Wednesday morning at the latest. By the way, there are a few different styles of Christmas music and none of the songs are really long, but if you do want to, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and choose another song.



Okay, now for Five Minute Friday!

The Gypsy Mama has supplied an appropriately seasonal prompt word this day after Thanksgiving, “GRATEFUL.”

Here’s my five minutes:


GO!I’m grateful that I’m an optimist, thankful that I choose to be happy and make the most of everything I’m given.

I was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis this year. I’ve joined some online sites with other MS patients and I’ve realized that I am truly thankful that I have the foundation of my own optimism to face this with. SO many are lost in a dark gloom in dealing with what they cannot do rather than appreciating what they still CAN do. Not surprisingly to me, the ones with the more common Recurring Relapsing MS, who only have symptoms with a flare up and can be almost normal in between flare-ups, are worse in their gloom than others with the progressive forms of the disease. I thought I’d prefer the control, of always having symptoms better than the uncertainty of symptoms coming and going at will that wasn’t mine. But too many with RRMS are gloomy when they are not feeling much or any of the symptoms. It’s a feeling of impending doom.

I wish there was more I could do to share my positive feelings with them, with anyone who feels the oppression of bad feelings. I wish I could do more to help others facing pain or limitations they didn’t sign up for. But I selfishly fear being drug into the negativity too.

I am so grateful for medication that I can feel working, the support of my husband and my wonderful family of friends and relatives. I'm grateful because of how my affliction allows me to see the very best in total strangers as they openly offer to help me in so many ways. I’m grateful for this wonderful world we’ve been given and for the wonderful majority of the community on earth who doesn’t make the news; the kind, giving and compassionate people we share the roads, streets and halls with every day.

I love people!


STOP!

Links:


4 comments:

Marti said...

I worked for a neurologist for years. PPMS patients seemed to have a better attitude than RRMS patients, and thus were better at dealing with their condition. Your sharing with others is so healthy. Good job.

Thrive Out Loud said...

Nani,

Found you through Five Minute Friday. Yes, your attitude and ability to focus on what you CAN do will be a huge part of dealing with your PPMS. I too was diagnosed with something earlier this year (ankylosing spondylitis - an autoimmune disease that primarily affects the spine and the joints and ligaments attached). I experience the same gloom and hopelessness when I go to "support" sites. I think we're all coping in our own way. Hope is an amazing and powerful thing! Don't let go of it :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'll pop in every now and then to see how you're doing.

Kim
thriveoutloud.blogspot.com

Edna B said...

Nani, your positive attitude is part of what shapes you into such a wonderful person. And a nice thing about that is that it spills over onto others.

I didn't have pie, but one of the guys here brought me back some carrot cake. Mmmm! You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

Nancy said...

I love your positive attitude, Nani. It sure beats the other alternatives.

I guess I never thought of bringing pepper spray with me Christmas shopping. Holy cow -- what a nut.