Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Free Is Good

I’m in grumbly money mood. Okay, not that grumbly, but David and I went out and did grocery shopping before he went to work Monday. It was the big shopping trip where I bought all of the ingredients for my Davinities as well as groceries and some of the non-perishables for UNO and the Fabulous Dessert Bar, less than 2 weeks away! When you put all those items together, well, my pocketbook is still warm. At least a few hours later it stopped smoking!

I love to give, but not to the stores! So to get the nasty money out of my head I thought about some of the things I’d been given for free!



I got this ornament from Bronners, my favorite Christmas store, in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Yes, it’s true, I got the free ornament because they had the right way to say “Merry Christmas” to enough special people on my list, but it was still a nice freebie!


This is a freebie I didn't have to buy anything for! Café Escapes had joined my followers on Twitter! So, I checked them out and saw that they’d offered a sample of their 4 K-Cups to someone and asked them what I needed to do to get a sample. They told me to send a private tweet with my address!


I’ve tried the chai latte and the mocha. I wasn’t crazy about the Chai, but the Mocha is awesome! I have a dark and a milk hot cocoa left!


So the internal tremor of my grocery bill has calmed and I am ready to put hands and heart to the first Dainties of 2011 tomorrow! And while I’m appreciating the freebies that brought me the inner peace I craved, I want to share a freebie too!


It’s Christmas All Over The World was the first professional scrapbook kit I did when I had my store at Scrap Bird. The shining jewel of that kit was the ornaments that say Merry Christmas in English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, German, Swedish and Portuguese. I still like how those and the world map ornament turned out and I’ve repackaged the ornaments to share! Just click the preview to go to the download.

And ya know what? Now I feel even better!

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Karen Greenberg said...

I hear you about giving money to the stores. The price of just about anything anymore is outrageous. I'm glad you are looking at the bright side and what you've gotten for free, though. Sometimes the only thing left to do is look at the positive.

I love that page with Merry Christmas in all the different languages. Too cute!

Nancy said...

I know exactly what you mean about the price of everything. I'm heading out to the grocery store today to buy 67 cent, 5 lb. bags of flour -- last day it is on sale. I'll likely buy 10 bags. Not sure where I'm gonna put it.... :)

Edna B said...

I agree about the money. It seems like everything has just about doubled lately. I get really steamed over the price of heating fuel. Gas too. I just don't understand why the absolute necessities have to cost more than we can afford.

Your Christmas ornaments are gorgeous. I just had to download them. Thank you so much. As for the carpeting, there are a lot of us who go in for polka dotted carpets. Thank goodness. What's a few more dots to the love of a cherished pet? I'll take the pet any day.

I don't know about kitty dots, but I found (by mistake) that Febreze seems to pick up most doggie dots. Who'd a thunk it? You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

suruha said...

Hi, there! Thank you for your comments! You're so sweet!
Minus is awesome! It loads about the same as the others, but, everything else is better.
If you upload say, 4 zips of one set, you can upload all four at one time (hold 'ctrl' and select all 4 zips)and get a single link to share. There will be arrows next to the parts of a multi-part set, so, folks would click the link provided, then, they'll download and click on the arrows until they dl all 4 parts.
I seriously feel they are quite better than the others. I think the limit in the free uploads is 50mb per upload. I'm not sure.
That's the skinny! LOL I think you'll be happy with Minus.com!
Have a great Christmas holiday!

Su

Bev said...

Yes the Christmas food bill...uuughhh as if the cost of presents isn't enough!! glad you got your freebies though!!