Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

At a Stopping Point


It was break time anyway. It was 3:00 and I hadn’t had lunch – I was hungry! So, after moving things I’d put in the hallway, I came down and made myself a chicken with honey mustard sandwich with some cucumber and carrots and a mug of cinnamon hot cocoa.

The glaze I did yesterday never did set, although it’s not as goopy today. They still tasted good last night. They still looked pretty…and messy



I used various valentine sprinkles and I did some with cinnamon sugar. The cinnamon ones are pure heaven! That’s what prompted me to make the cinnamon hot cocoa. Would you believe David wouldn’t even try the cinnamon ones? He said chocolate and cinnamon is just not appealing at all. He has NO idea what he’s missing. Ah well, the spoils go to the adventurous souls who dare to try and for everyone else, there’s still plain.

I picked a good time to get hungry because I’m at the point where I need the aid of strength and height to finish in the hall closet. I decided that out luggage could go on the floor in there instead of battling shoes for space in the bedroom closet. I have 4 pairs of shoes; 2 sneakers and one each of black and white dress shoes. David has more, I think a TON more! The point is the shoes are much easier to find without the luggage, which we have a lot of, falling on top of them.

We don’t really use the hall closet and it hasn’t been opened in a while. We’ll start using it now! There wasn’t much in it. Three boxes that were on the floor where I wanted the luggage to go are actually mine. One was some office stuff and one was half of my philosophy and religion books and my dream diary. I keep my dream recording in my journal now and the dream records aren’t quite as complete anymore. I used to keep the dream diary in the bookshelf in my headboard and when I’d awake from a dream I really wanted to write down, I’d pop on the light and write it down. There were dreams that I did NOT remember the next morning except that I wrote them down in the middle of the night. Of course, I lived alone, anyway, I slept alone, so I wasn’t waking anyone else. It’s not that easy with a mate!

Well, the shelves in the closet are very deep and I can’t reach the back of them from about the third shelf from the bottom up. David said he’ll help me clear out the remaining shelves tonight and I’ll ask him to bring the luggage in too. I think the closet might be done by bedtime. Yay!


Now, while it’s still Wednesday, I’m posting my Wednesday Hodge Podge answers, hosted by Joyce at The Other Side of The Pond


1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?  

My answer is none. Any of them would probably ask me more questions than I’d ask them.


2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?   Eat’n Park


3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to steal borrow it-

When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?

I’m not going to “look back” and think about failure. If I’m looking back, it’s to remember how great my successes were so I can be confident looking forward. And I will still be looking forward at 90.


4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?

I take them and drink them. I have a grapefruit tap so I can drink the juice right out of the fruit. Then I tear it open and eat what’s left.



5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?

The last time I cleaned out a closet was a few hours ago. I’m waiting for all 6’5” of David to get home. :)


6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?

Dead or alive famous people? You never really know if someone is famous or infamous until they’re gone.


I’d pick three political candidates running for the same position so I can let them fight over me for my vote.


7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?

Parallel park is the one where you slowly run over the curb and stop when your wheels hit the street again, right?


8. Insert your own random thought here.

It’s time to take down the mistletoe. I like to leave it up for Valentine decoration.

2 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

These are neat subjects...I love the chocolate! grapefruit...yum

Skoots1moM said...

great answers; i especially like the tap for the grapefruit, i love to eat the pulp inside fruit like that...will have to find me a tap.