Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, April 9, 2012

A New(ish) Meme

Okay, I’ll be honest here. As I’ve said before, with me as a Donna Reed-type, the house lives according to David’s schedule, which means our weekend is Sunday-Monday. So, today is a typical Sunday. It’s a cloudy Sunday after a cheerfully sunny Saturday. That means we were out photographing trains until late last night. Today, since there are clouds, David is home and working on getting to know the nuances of his new digi-toys. That means that the Monday Mug Shot I was planning to do this morning has been delayed.

We had to do some customer service communicating, a chat and a phone call, to get the licensing straight for his copy of Photoshop. I got the licensing for 2 computers. I discovered that since a copy of Photoshop was made in my backup on my extended hard drive, their files show it as 2 HDs - 2 copies! The rep I spoke with fixed that so I can have 2 used copies and an unused copy in my backup.

Then I had to show David how to use the Bridge to view his pictures he shot in RAW, because none of the basic Windows applications will show them. I’m still so thrilled that my Honey has joined the digital age that I’ll put the Mug Shot on a delayed schedule to help out! Once he got comfy with the Photoshop Bridge he was happily organizing photos from yesterday and I got to slip away for a shower! ;)

So, a flip, again. I usually like to do my own regular feature first and then join my Monday meme, but…

There are some Monday meme changes again. The original host of Meet Me On Monday, Java, has returned from her blogging hiatus and will resume MMOM next week. That means that Heather at Acting Balanced has changed her format a little and the meme has become the Monday Quiz About Me. The format is similar to MMOM, but instead of 5 questions there are four with the suggestion of you adding the fifth question as one you ask your blog readers to encourage a comment that’s more than, “nice answers.” I love that idea because sometimes answers that I read on other people’s blogs in a meme are similar to my own and I really have nothing to add. Sometimes they are so different my initial thoughts might be offensive, and I don’t feel I have any right to leave an offensive remark in someone else’s blog. That would be like lighting up a cigarette in a non-smoker’s home. If it’s never occurred to you how someone would react to that, my own father borrowed my car once and smoked a cigarette in it. He hasn’t borrowed a car from me since! Asking a question and inviting readers to give a thought keeps that awkward, “what do I say?” out of being friendly and leaving a comment.

And now I’d like to introduce you to the new Monday meme!

Acting Balanced


This Week’s Questions:

1. Which three words would describe you best?

Well, I did this layout with 5 words last month:

Credits: Moments In The Sun by Connie Prince

The top three would obviously be in that list since those are the top 5, right? First off, without a doubt, optimistic. I think optimism is the most valuable character trait I have for me and to share. I think numbers 2 & would be resourceful and smart. I think resourceful works better if you’re smart too. LOL


2. Describe your favorite place in the whole world.

A Minor League Baseball park. Fenway and Wrigley fields are the only Major League parks that fit with Minor League parks and even the newer Minor League parks do fit. Those 2 ML parks and the MiL parks have the ambiance that catches the romance of baseball. It’s the essence of a warm summer afternoon, happy families, a friendly, casual atmosphere and a classic American game surrounded by more love for the game than money. And yes, I prefer day games. (but that’s never stopped me from going to a night game!)


3. Sunsets, Sunrises or Full Moons?

All are nice, but nothing compares to watching the sun rise, especially over a body of water!


4. If you were to get reincarnated what or who would you want to come back as?

In my next life I want to be a doctor. No, it’s not because of all the money I’ve been paying doctors. It’s because I’ve met some wonderful doctors who are really involved in fighting my disease and making life better for everyone dealing with it. I’d love to have the mental and tangible resources to give like that.

But I don’t want to be a doctor NOW. I want to be born to not be squeamish and then be a doctor!




And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!

And now my question for you, and feel free to share in comments even if you aren’t part of the Monday Quiz About Me.

What is your fondest memory of your first pet?

Leave a comment and tell me about your kitty or pooch or gerbil or rock. Then for more interesting people and interesting questions for you, check out the NEW Monday Quiz About Me at Acting Balanced!


8 comments:

theconstantwalker said...

You make me smile xx

Actingbalanced said...

I've honestly never had a pet... I did care for my daughter's (only) successive set of 'Bluie' the Fish - japanese fighting fish that kept ending up floating in the top of the bowl and making a miraculous recovery ... she was only four and her bio mom had died, I didn't think she needed more grief...
Bluie finally died for the last time when she was 7 and we haven't had a pet since...

Wayne W Smith said...

I have never had a pet either. I like animals but just not living with me.

Wayne W Smith said...

P.S. I LOVE MiL stadiums. We have a great one in Charleston that is always a pleasure to watch a game at.

Pamela Scott said...

thanks for stopping by!!! My first pet I can't really remember but my favorite pet that I have now my first memory of him when I brought him home and put a bandana on his neck was quite a moment he is such a lovable dog!! wouldnt trade him for anything!!! Loved your answers!! Have a great week!!!

Edna B said...

I've always had pets so I really don't remember my first one. I've loved them all, but Tootsie and dI have gone through so much together that she has the biggest chunk of my heart.

How does David like using RAW? I haven't really gotten into it yet, but when I have some extra time, I will try it again. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a fun meme. Love answering questions. Loved your answers and getting to know more about you!

Unknown said...

I love your passion for Baseball. I live in MN and its on my bucket list to get to Target Field. I'm sure not as great as Wriggle Field but it will do for this Minnesotan.