Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Time

Shhh! It’s still quiet and kinda dark in the house and it gives a little essence of cool. We officially hit 103 degrees yesterday, a new record for Toledo! The Blade, our paper, reported 104 degrees downtown where the temperature would have been recorded for the previous record in 1934, when there was no Toledo airport.

So, woo hoo! We broke the record! Remember, if it’s going to be sweltering hot, at least let us be part of history. Also, yesterday afternoon, about the time it hit that record, our air conditioner started to give up. We’ll be calling for, hopefully quick, service today. We slept in the living room last night. Bedtime temperature in the lower level was 82!




1. What's your favorite childhood snack that you still eat as an adult?

Fresh fruit. Mom was big on fruit as a snack and my parents were both fans of trying new fruits, so from a very young age I enjoyed not just apples and bananas, but persimmons, pomegranate, kumquats and a few different varieties of pears. I still love fresh fruit and many different types of it.


2. What food will you not eat the low fat version of?

Cofffeemate. There is little difference in the stats between the low fat and regular, but a huge difference in taste. I don’t use enough of it to make a big difference anyway and we’re talking about messing with my coffee!


3. What's your favorite way to cool off during the summer?

Ponytails. Seriously, aside from air conditioning, which I usually set cooler than I find comfortable, I have very thick hair and just pulling it away from my neck can make a huge difference. Last time I got my hair cur I told Jamie that I wanted it left long for ponytail season. It also shows off my earrings, but it also means that I really should make a point of wearing earrings!


4. What's your favorite summer read?


Hmmm, as in a book about summer or one I read every summer? If it’s the latter, I tend not to read many books again because there are so many waiting to be read!

Okay, so there was a radio script I read in high school that was an adaptation of the Twilight Zone episode, Midnight Sun. The earth was thrown off its orbit and moving closer to the sun. People were attacking each other for water or fans or anything to get a little cooler. The town where the story takes place is part deserted from people crowding the road to go north to look for a little relief, as far north as they can. I actually read that script before I saw the Twilight Zone episode, It’s just a great story, with a surprise ending.


5. What are you doing to stay cool in this awful heat?

Um, ponytail, getting the AC fixed!





Photobucket


This week’s statements:

1. ____makes me laugh
2. sometimes____makes me sad
3. My ___ looks ___ after ___
4. When I hear ___ I ___


My answers

1.Misspellings on business signs makes me laugh

2. sometimes over-analyzing makes me sad

3. My hair always looks good after I leave the salon, never too look that good until next time I’m at the salon!

4. When I hear birds singing in the morning I always smile.





**  With the heat in the house I worry more about David because I handle the heat better. If it was 10 below and we lost power, it would be worse for me. No, it would be devastating for me. But as it is now, 82 degrees is just a little warm for sleeping ad muggy in the house is not good for existing during the day!



**  If you didn’t see my post explaining what I call hot dogs, please read Snouts and Tails.


**  My overdue coffee order should be in this weekend. It’s not anyone’s fault but mine on the overdue part, I just ordered it, finally. I broke out of my PVSD, Post Vacation Spending Disorder and my spender’s block has cautiously gone away. That means I’ll have K-Cups in the house!

10 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I am thankful to not be a coffee drinker. However, when budgetary cuts are suggested and they include cutting out coffee--you know, like Starbuck's visits or similar--I think, "How to cut out tap water to save money?"

Since being married five years ago, I have learned to make coffee. My husband drinks it daily, so I get the love o' java!

Lucy said...

There are just some things that are not worth giving up the calories, for me it is sour cream, I don't dab a ton or use it often,so only real sour cream is what I use!

Oh, and boy do I hear you about the hair, I never get it to look like the salon!

Edna B said...

Oh I surely hope that your AC is fixed soon. This is a terrible time for it to break down. We've been fortunate so far. The 100+ temps haven't hit us yet. And, I'm in no rush for them either. Here's hoping for some cooler temps for you. Try to stay cool, and have a good day. Hugs, Edna B.

Wayne W Smith said...

I like misspelled signs too. They do indeed make me laugh.

Wayne W Smith said...

Misspelling of signs makes me laugh too.

Keetha Broyles said...

Here in Central Wisconsin we are hot, dry, and crunchy!

Stacy said...

That over analyzing is a bugger isn't it? So easy to get caught up in rehashing the bad. :/ It was disgustingly hot here in PA today, too. Blech!

Hilary said...

I hear you about the hair salon... although, I once hired my hairdresser to come over to my house and give me a styling lesson. Learning the correct way to hold the dryer made a huge difference!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I've started using a 1/4 cup of 1% milk and 1 T of coffeemate and that does the trick for me. I agree...no low fat coffeemate!

One of the nicest things about being home is a decent cup of coffee. I have a good friend who's a micro-roaster and I'm spoiled!

Jennifer said...

I am right there with you on 1 through 3, but I'm not a morning person so if I heard birds in the morning it would probably drive me mad!! :)