Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge



1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?

I check the weather at night and before I go out. I usually check weather.com, but I’ve been using the National Weather Service’s website more lately.


2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.


"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Agree or Disagree. Why?

Disagree! The first and most important aspect of a marriage, of any relationship, is to respect that other person. You have to respect who they are when you meet, not trying to change them, and you have to respect who they become as they grow. David and I have a lot of things in common and we have a lot of differences too. It’s key to enjoy each other for both.

We do know what things we enjoy that are different. That’s part of knowing, respecting and caring for each other. Just because I’m not a huge poker fan doesn’t mean I can’t give him a poker set as a gift. He’s not a big Black Eyed Peas fan, but he’s the one who bought my last Black Eyed Peas CD. Trying not to know the “defects” is accepting living with a stranger and “growing apart” is too often an excuse for divorce. If you respect and take an interest in your partner, you can grow different but in the same direction.


3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?

I have always enjoyed dancing. I still sort of dance when I’m doing my therapy exercises. I took ballet, jazz and tap lessons from 6 years old to 10.

7-year-old me in my jazz costume at the Spring Recital
(I LOVED that costume because of the fringe!)


4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.

Actually, I prefer fresh peaches most of all, but if there’s a choice, it’s always ice cream! (Not really a pie person anyway.)



5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?

You should always make the best of it, but NEVER accept unfairness! “It is what it is” only if you choose to do nothing to make it better. I hate that pessimistic and lazy phrase.


6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?

Okay, I’ve never been a big moviegoer. I never saw Ghostbusters or Raiders of the Lost Ark and I didn’t care for ET. I did like Star Wars and Jaws, but of the two Jaws is the one I’ll still watch parts of when it’s on TV, so, Jaws.


7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?

Hmmm… Never really thought about it. I really want to visit all 50 states, so I don’t even think about Europe much, but the moon? If I got a case of astronaut ice cream to go with it, sure!

 


8. Insert your own random thought here.

The Major League Baseball All Star Game was last night. The team that wins the All Star Game wins home field advantage for the World Series. Since they started doing that the All Star Game just hasn’t been fun to watch because it doesn’t seem fun for the players either. The game determines something. It’s not just the best players entertaining the fans anymore.

It’ also stupid because the All Star Game is before the trade deadline. If the lone selection from a last place team in the last year of his contract has a stellar night and is awarded the MVP trophy, he could be traded by the end of July, perhaps to the other league. I am waiting for the day when the MVP is traded to the other league because a team is looking for that edge that will put them over the top and after he helped get home field advantage for one league, he ends up in the World Series for the other league and actually hurt himself by playing so well in July.

And I’ll laugh. :P

8 comments:

Joyce said...

But Luke Bryan singing the National Anthem was easy on the eyes : )

Mary said...

I didn't realize that the winner got home advantage. Not a big baseball fan, though! Give me some football with hitting, and I'm there!

Red said...

I agree Joyce, Luke Bryan was HOT!

I am a baseball fan, too. Every year the All Star Game seems to get worse and worse. It took FOREVER for the game to get underway. Every year they have previews that go over and over what has been beat to death. And I think you are right - it doesn't look like the players are having fun at all. The commentators are annoying - making statements about pitchers and their pitch counts?? Really?? It's an All Star Game. The pitchers are in for two innings tops. Big deal. They are athletes.

Empty Nester said...

I always loved my dance costumes when they had fringe on them too! I didn't even think about posting a picture- yours is so cute! I'm right there with you on the phrase "it is what it is." I can't stand to hear that out of anyone's mouth. EVER. We turn peaches into cobbler around here. :)

Sarann said...

The questions really are all over the place this week, LOL! Now I'm curious how many states you have been to and which ones you have left.

Marla said...

I watched the game to see Luke Bryan too! He is great! I tuned out before Kellie Pckler came on for the 7th inning stretch and sang "God Bless America." Guess I will youtube it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great answer on #2. Love the photo of you at 7....so sweet. Always enjoyed that frozen ice cream!!

Edna B said...

Gosh, I don't think I've been in more than 19 or 20 states. However, I have been to 5 or 6 other countries. As for the movies, I'm not much of a movie goer. I did not get to take dance lessons, but all my girls did. I have to say that you look adorable in your dance costume. You have a great night, hugs, Edna B.