Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Notes and Monday Quiz

Happy Monday! Yeah, silly me; it’s always a happy day. I always look for the one bright spot. Yesterday was a fairly rotten day in my world except that it was a perfect baseball day! The Tigers and Red Sox won and the Yankees and Pirates lost in the day games and the Reds beat the Cardinals for the weekend series sweep last night. That puts the Reds in first place again. YAY! Life is not always perfect, but there is always something to make it good.

Yesterday also had another up point; it was National Ice Cream Day! I may have hated Ronald Reagan’s fiscal ideas, but I love that he declared my birthday month National Ice Cream Month and a specific day for all Americans to enjoy the best food in the world. David and I went out to do our American duty at Baskin Robbins. I had my weekly double scoop in a waffle cone and he had a three-scoop sundae. Should I reiterate how awesome Weight Watchers is? I’m my most successful when I use half of the extra weekly points in the “Plus” part of the plan. That affords me a double scoop n a waffle cone once a week. Awe-sooome!

I tried the Flavor of the Month for July; Oreo N’ Chocolate. Yanno, Oreos would be the perfect cookie if the inside was buttercream. I’m not a fan of the plain fat and powdered sugar “white stuff” and as a kid I usually scraped it out and just ate the cookies. As an adult I can eat them without taking them apart, but the taste would be awesome with buttercream inside! Still I don’t do Oreos on their own because I don’t care for the filling, but put them in ice cream or pie and OH MY! Big chunks of cookie in chocolate ice cream with a fudge ribbon is totally beyond death by chocolate and directly into chocolate heaven! I will add that Oreo N’ Chocolate is probably a better ice cream in a dish because the big cookie chunks make it bumpy for liking and they tend to take chunks out of the cone when you bite it. I’ll probably still have a scoop in a cone next week…or maybe I’ll get it in an ice cream cake for Naniday!


The drought conditions all over this year are just nuts! After so many of the same places in the Midwest that are under it this year were under water last year, it’s just mind boggling to see them so dry this year! Here’s a photo I took last June of the Mississippi River:


Here is an internet shot of it this year:


The this year shot is a little farther notrh than the shot I took lat year, but the difference is extreme all the way down the Mississippi. They have to reroute shipping or lighten cargo through the River. Just incredible!


I have to admit that I’ve kinda taken weekends off of news. Especially during an election year, there’s so much garbage in the news. On Mondays I catch up and realize I didn’t miss much; right still hates left, left still hates right, they all still hate us. Politically jaded much, Nani?


Okay, there are the Nani tidbits this morning. Um, okay they were from this morning. My hands get weak with the typing and I have to take a do the dishes break. After I post it’ll be the laundry stretching exercises before lunch. LOL But first, the Monday Quiz!




1. If you could be on a reality TV show which one would you want to be a part of?

I honestly don’t watch enough reality TV shows to have a clue! I don’t want to do a competitive show so, it would have to be something where I was the person who decided who got kicked off. :)


2. You have the power to create one law, what would it be?

I would cap political contributions at $1000 a year from any source or group. Even debates would be pretty much the only guaranteed exposure to the masses because they’d run out of smut ads about the other candidate or side of an issue pretty quick. “Independent” ads or campaigns for a side count at the $1000 cap under penalty for a violation.


3. How's your weather today?

Chilly. I’m inside the house and the air conditioning that keeps David comfy is a little chilly to me. Outside it’s sunny and high 90s.


4. Other than the country you currently live in, where would you want to live?

Easy for me; Canada. Born in Detroit, I’m a little bit culturally Canadian anyway, just as folks in any border town are a little culturally influenced by the other country. There are things in Canada I like better than here and things that make me want to go home too. If I could pick and choose the aspects the country gets, I’d love to live in the United Areas of Canerica!

And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!


5. If you could plot the weather for you, what would be the ideal temperature range and how many rain days a month would you have?

My weather utopia would be temps in the high 70s to mid-80s, slightly lower in the fall. We’d have a moderate amount of rain about 8 days a month with enough rainfall to keep crops and gardens watered adequately. Oh, and one big snowfall for about a week in winter where everyone stays home or plays in it that is amply cold and snowy enough to make the ground fertile for crops, gardens and crocuses!

4 comments:

Gloria Haynes said...

Hey Nani! I think your answer to the weather is perfect. Maybe just a little less rain, but I agree with the temps and the snow!

I loved your comment on my blog, what a great quote, I will have to remember that one!

Have a wonderful Monday!
glosews

Red said...

<3 ice cream. :)

As a die-hard Reds fan I watched the games this weekend and loved the sweep!!!

As for Question 5, I'm going to go chillier. I would prefer temps in the 50-60 range. Chilly enough for a sweater or jacket most of the time. I love the Fall and Winter seasons, so rain showers would be a must have at least 3 times a week. No severe weather like tornados. But a good thunderstorm once a week would be nice and gentle showers the other 2days. In winter I would like to have a blanket of snow cover the ground most of the season. I would love the chance to be snowed in several times a year.

Edna B said...

If I could make one law, it would be to put a spending cap on polital campaigns. $5000 and NO exceptions. This would give the little guy an even chance at running for office and probably making a fabulous contribution to this country. I think it's disgusting the amount of money that politicians get to spend on campaigning. Money gets them elected and that's not fair.

You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Arlene said...

I'm so thankful that despite the heat, we've gotten rain almost every week so the temps haven't gotten as high (upper 80s and low 90s) as other places and we have that much needed rainfall.

Perfect weather for me would be in the low to mid 70s, sunny and breezy enough to keep the windows open. Rain would happen at night so we'd get the needed moisture without it interrupting our daytime activities. Above all, NO HURRICANES! And no snow, either (though my kids would argue that they want at least one snow day to know what it's like).

Have a blessed week!