Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, September 28, 2012

Another Fabulous Friday!

Mmmm….Coffee…

You’ll see my candy list in a few minutes, or less if you are a fast reader. I did a scrapbook page yesterday from our time in Canada on one of the days of our vacation last year. Yeah, somehow I’m falling behind again instead of catching up. Hey, maybe I can do a bucket list after all! If I put “finish my scrapbooks” on it, I would achieve immortality!

Anyway, I did the page from the day in Canada was the day we made a Shopper’s Drug Mart stop to load up on Canadian chocolate bars. David and I both love Canadian chocolate and a visit to the Sisterland, because the US and Canada are sisters, always includes a candy stop! Now we haven’t been to Canada in over a year and I’m craving a Coffee Crisp like mad! We really need to do something about that.

I’m not dissing American chocolate at all! Ghirardelli and Hershey are both American and they make some of my favorites too. But Canadian chocolate is different. It’s its own kind of awesome.


And now for a couple of the Friday Memes…


This week’s statements:
1. when I was little I was called ___
2. ___are my favorite candy
3. If I could have one magical power it would be______
4. If I could go back to school it would be to become a _________


My Answers:

1. When I was little I was called Princess by my Dad.

 
2. Mr. Goodbar, Pretzel M&Ms, Almond M&Ms, Baci, Coffee Crisp, Hershey’s Air and Mint Aero Bars are my favorite candy.  Plus some others, but they all have chocolate in common.


3. If I could have one magical power it would be the power to heal the sick. Yes, I’d start with myself, but after curing Multiple Sclerosis, I’d move on to Cancer and every other disease out there.

4. If I could go back to school it would be to become a Computer Programmer.



1. Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly?

I used to love flying, but when it got to the point where it took longer to fly from Detroit to Chicago than drive because of all the “arrive early” and invasive security that’s almost scarier than any threat I became a bit disenchanted.

When I was flying and I had to sit on the floor to remove my shoes to go through security because the limited seating was taken up by business flyers who had to have an extra seat for computer cases while they took off or put on shoes, I realized that airports had become such a hassle that travelers were losing manners or even the awareness of other human beings in the vicinity. It’s that loss of awareness that completely cancels any feeling of safety all the security measures might give.

Oh, and airplane, wheelchair, airplane bathroom… I can’t help but think it will be an uncomfortable trip if I ever fly across country or to Europe again. I may need some extra absorbent Depends!

I prefer to dri…have someone drive, because it puts us in control rather than at someone’s mercy. And I can usually even talk David into a pit stop now and then! ;)


2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Toledo, Ohio with a winter home in Las Vegas. I really do like the city I’m in now, just not the winter. So I’d go play when it’s cold.


3. Should grown women wear leggings?

GROWN women should where whatever they feel comfortable wearing. I wear leggings in the summer and in winter under my jeans…which are also leggings. It’s what’s comfortable and easy for me. If you’re offended by how I look, I’m not trying to impress you; don’t look. If you can’t help but look, I’m sorry I’m so captivating; resist or get some help.  Not my problem.


4. If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be?

I changed my name when I got married; maiden name became my middle name and David’s last name became my last name. I didn’t hyphenate; I kept my identity and my married identity as two separate parts of who I am. I also wasn’t crazy about my middle name. Of course, my middle name was the name I was baptized as, so the Catholic Church has an APB out for me! hehe

As far as the first name, I have always really, really liked my name and wouldn’t consider changing it.


5. What magazines to you have subscriptions to?

I have subscriptions to Momentum and Neurology Now, both publications with MS research and information, and David and I share our subscription to the Mensa Bulletin.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Never heard of Hershey’s Air and Mint Aero Bars. Will have to look for them.

Edna B said...

I love chocolate too, but I think Mounds bars is at the top of my favorite list.

As for going back to school, I've always enjoyed school. If I were much younger, I think I would love to learn more about computers. My brain is too far gone for any of that now.

Growing up, I was always called Eddie. Actually, right up until my late forties. I kind of like it.

You have a great night, hugs, Edna B.

retired not tired said...

I have to agree that Canadian candy is awesome however I am a little biased. When I travel to visit my daughter in SC I carry a lot of candy as well as ketchup chips.

Hilary said...

healing the sick would be a great power...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The Coffee Crisp sounds yummy! My dad called me Peanut. Healing the sick would be a wonderful blessing.
Enjoy your weekend.