Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A New Week!

I think it’s part of my optimist view, but I’ve always loved Mondays. It’s the fresh start of a new week and the day to plan for the short term, of the days ahead. Yesterday I posted my goals for 2013 and that gives me a little bit to base my short term goals on. I won’t go into details, but even now when I’m not working, I still look at the week ahead on Monday morning with the same enthusiasm I always have.

Another thing that makes Monday great is joining Heather at Acting Balanced and Wayne at Touristic for the Monday Quiz About Me!



1. What is your favorite animal? 

I guess it wouldn’t be right if I said anything but cats! Specifically my favorites are Kaline and Carla and any other cats that have been in my life or will be. But I’d be remiss not to mention Missy, the Collie that was mine between the ages of 12 and 22. Missy was the family dog. My parents got her to protect my brother and me, but if Dave and I got into a tussle, she whined and made the choice to jump on Dave to break it up. I was her favorite. Hehe.

But domestic animals aside, because they are almost human in the way they are part of our families, I’d have to say my favorite animal is the squirrel. I’ve loved squirrels as long as I remember. I used to feed them when we camped. We camped in the fall after the squirrels in the camp grounds had spent a summer with humans and I could sit on a bench in an empty campsite with a bag of peanuts and holding one and being very still and quiet, the squirrels would take a peanut right out of my hand. My grandfather always worried that they’d be taking me to emergency for a rabies shot when I got bit, but that never happened. I still love squirrels and if there’s an opportunity, I’ll feed them, but my adult brain knows that just maybe I got lucky in the trust I got with the state park squirrels when I was a child and I really don’t even have the desire to try to feed them out of my hand now.


2. What is your favorite quote?

My favorite quote is my me-quote. “I cannot control things that happen to me, but I'm the only one that controls how I react to things that happen to me.”


3. What is the one trait that you have that definitely comes from one of your parents?

Easy; I am stubbornly independent like my mom was! David says “Why didn’t you ask me to do that?” as often, maybe more, than my dad did. I’m also a bit of a lovable cheat at board games like Pop. By cheat I mean I will very obviously do an attempted cheat for a laugh.


4. If you had a choice between going to a tropical island or a ski resort which would you choose and why?

Another easy one – ANYTHING but something cold; tropics here I come!


And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!

5. Do you watch the Super Bowl? If yes do you watch it for the football, the commercials or just to be with fiends at a Super Bowl gathering?

I watch the Super Bowl pretty much every year. I watch it for the football and the commercials although I admit that I’ll take bathroom breaks at the beginning of a drive rather than during the commercials or wait until halftime.

14 comments:

retired not tired said...

We don't watch any sports so the Superbowl is not special.

Unknown said...

I don't watch football at all, even though my husband almost had a professional career playing!

Clairity said...

I don't watch any sports except for the Olympics once every 4 years. Even then, I missed the opening this year and only watched the events sporadically at the gym.

Wayne W Smith said...

That was a great quote choice. I will not watch the Superbowl this year. Mostly because it is on too late and 5:00 AM comes early.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Not into sports AT ALL but I'm right there with you about the tropics being the place to go.

Anonymous said...

Hello, fellow cat lover :)

I'm not a football fan, but I'll watch some of the Superbowl just to see the commercials.

Sammie said...

Watcher of Superbowl here. Regardless of what teams are playing. I enjoy watching football at any level. So it would have to be for the game and friends, the commercials can be a bonus but in recent years they have been lacking, to me.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Nice answers! I wish I could watch the Superbowl. We don;t have TV. I don't miss TV at all at any other time of the year, but I do miss football on the holidays.

Anonymous said...

i usually watch it. my ex loved football but since we're not together this year i don't know if i will watch it. maybe, for food/friends/fun!

Edna B said...

M sport of choice is baseball. I don't watch football. However, I do enjoy the whooping and cheering of the rest of my family while they watch the games.

My mom was a tiger if harm came anywhere near us kids, and my dad was super smart and creative. These two qualities were passed on to my brother and I.

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite animal. I love them all, even though I am rather partial to dogs. Especially small dogs. I think in a past life, I must have been an animal or an animal whisperer.

Now I am going to crawl back into my warm little bed and try to wish away this nasty cold that has popped up so suddenly. You have a great night. Hugs, Edna B.

Flora said...

Nice quote! I watch the Superbowl for the commercials, but, if my family and friends didn't watch the game, I wouldn't tune in at all.

blueyes said...

I love football but the commercials are a big draw too. The one I look forward to every year are the clydesdales.

Actingbalanced said...

Love your quote! We don't have cable/satellite here so the only way I get to see the Super Bowl is if I get invited to a party... so far we're staying home (which is fine with me)

Unknown said...

The Superbowl will be on, but I will probably only watch the commercials. The game doesn't interest me at all.