Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Book Review: Ascend (Trylle #3) by Amanda Hocking


Book Synopsis from Good Reads

The final book in the Trylle Trilogy..
With a war looming on the horizon, Wendy's fate seems sealed.But everything she sacrificed might be in vain if she can't save the ones she loves.

Her whole life has been leading up to this, and it's all coming to an end.


My Review at Good Reads

5 out of 5 Stars

NOW I get to give five stars. The last book in the series wrapped things up well and it did wrap up the way I wished it would. I liked the idealistic political undertones wanting to get the kingdom to update with the times and change old ways when very stubborn followers of the old ways resisted, even to the point of wanting to overthrow the current royal family because they wanted change. Ah, but before change, the kingdom must be saved!

The Trylle are at war with the Vittra, whose sadistic king is in fact Wendy’s father. In order for the war to really end she must do what no one’s been able to do yet. She has to figure out how to kill her father. Oren, the king is nearly immortal. That’s not an attitude; that’s his special troll gift. It’s easy to abuse your subjects and wage war with other troll tribes when you have that “get out of death free” card in your pocket.

There are attacks, people die. There is a climactic final battle, people….oh read the books they’re worth the effort!

Keep in mind that it’s young adult. The death and torture is semi graphic, there is some lightly descriptive sex and in the end the good guys… Read the books!

No comments: