Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I'm Training My Dragon

Well, so, hi! I took a bit of a blogging hiatus, did you miss me? (Smiles)

There’s been a lot going on and yet I’ve had a bit of blog-block. I’m a fairly analytical person and I usually like to try to figure out why something is bothering me. Unfortunately I usually do that figuring out when I write and I haven’t felt like writing. I'm having some trouble with my hands, another fun MS thing, where lots of typing makes my hands and arms very tired. That means journaling for a scrapbook page was about my limit before I just didn’t want to touch a keyboard again.

Solution? For my birthday this year David got me a pet dragon!

Dragon is talk to text software. I talk to Joey, my computer, and Puff, my dragon, does the typing for me! One of the things about the Dragon software I like is the incredible accuracy rate. Puff is not perfect, but he types better than me. The truth is it takes some time in training to get your Dragon to understand everything you say so Puff and I are still learning. But what’s cool is every time I turn Dragon off it updates itself with what it learned today. And every time I turn it on it understands  better. VERY COOL!


Cats

Things in the cat–world are going okay. Kaline has been acting out a bit; jealousy can be an ugly monster. She was being mean or with claws and teeth with us and there was an issue with marking her territory in the house; NOT COOL AT ALL! We got her a “Calming Collar” hoping the nice smell and positive pheromones would re-break those bad habits. The first attempt with the collar resulted in Kaline completely withdrawing and getting nastier. The second attempt with her vet's blessing has worked a little better. She still hates the collar but we hope when she finally calms down and the dust settles she can be collar-free again.

Carla and Marco are doing much better. Although Marco likes to play a lot more, he and Carla spar and play chase. When Carla gets tired of playing and Marco wants to keep going Carla lets him know the game is over with a *fwap* that knocks him down. By about the fourth time he gets that the game is over. It took David and me a while to figure out that Carla doesn’t hate Marco. A couple days ago Marco was the aggressor when he and Carla were fighting so we gave Marco a time out his room. Carla just stared at us with a look asking why we took her playmate away. She was happy again when we let him out.  I have to remember that when Carla was new she liked to play a lot rougher than Kaline did.  So if she and Marco enjoy playing rough we just have to learn to accept that when Carla makes the “cougar-roar” it’s a good thing.

I betcha want an update on how big Marco has gotten during my hiatus. These three months old now!

July 24, 2013
Here is Marco just after he came home.
7 ½ weeks old



August 3, 2013
Watching cat TV with Carla
9 weeks old



August 21, 2013
Playing King of Mommy’s Chair with Kaline
11 ½ weeks old



September 1, 2013
Rasslin’ with Carla
3 months old

I love this shot because it shows off his polkadot tummy!

At three months old he fills more than half the arm of the loveseat!



So there’s the catch-up for now. I’ve got lots to say and Puff is letting me say it now so should be able to keep posting. In the meantime I’ll post a couple of book reviews for books I finished during my hiatus and get some lunch.

2 comments:

seamhead gypsy said...

Happy to be reading some new comments on your blog page!

joanne said...

Sorry I haven't commented in a long, long time but I've got not only blog block but comment block as well. I've been thinking about getting myself a dragon but have been dragging my feet about it. It sounds like you think it is worth it. I just don't like the idea that I am giving up something else, another part of me, my hands, and having it done another way. I don't cope well with those things! Hope you keep enjoying Puff.