Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bats, Cats and a Freebie


Yesterday the bus picked me up just as the Tigers game was starting. Talk about nerve racking! I was at a support group meeting at the MS society local office. That was planned way in advance and since it was a group thing it wasn’t flexible for the baseball schedule. David called while I was waiting for the bus to take me home and gave me an update on the game. I got home in time to see the last out and smile knowing there would be one more game in Oakland Thursday night. I was practically falling asleep as I watched the end of the Red Sox game, but Boston will be in the ALCS. Now we just need, I mean NEED, a Tigers win to set next week for us.

In September I made my bold, not fan “homer,” predictions about baseball in October. I’m sad that I was right about the Reds and puzzled that I got the Indians and Devil Rays so wrong. I really thought there was some stubborn chemistry
in Cleveland, especially at the end of things. Now my sad World Series prediction, sad because it isn’t so much as I’d write it; In mid-September I predicted the World Series would be Los Angeles and Boston. That’s actually still a possibility. I’d still love to be wrong and it’s Detroit and either St. Louis or Pittsburgh. Fate will soon enough show us what will be.


Kaline seems to be feeling a little better after her shot last Saturday. There’s been less bad behavior and she seems to hiss at Macro only a little more than Carla does. The difference is that Marco is afraid of Kaline. In his play time crazies, he jumps Carla a lot more than he does Kaline because when she growls at him he stops cold and retreats to spread his havoc someplace else.

But when Marco is calmer, near naptime, lookie what sometimes happens:


When Marco is getting sleepy, they can replace growl-hiss-smash with a calming chorus or two of Katbaya!


I made a template last month for the birthday template swap at Digital Scrapbooking Studio. Here is the layout I based the template on:

Credits: Pieces from Amy Sumerall, Simple Girl, Jen Yurko, Digitalegacies Designs.

It’s the Paws and Whiskers event last fall selling books, crafts and baked goods to support the shelter. I made a few dozen Mr. Goodcookies in half dozen bags for the bake sale. I didn’t bake this year because we had plans to be out of town but next year I want to not only bake again but go to the event.

I wanted to wait until after the birthday celebration in September was over before I offered the template here.

Click image to go to download

As always if you use my scrapbooking freebies I’d love to see anything you make if you’d like to share!

I have other things to show, tell and share, but I’ll save them for another post. Have a great midweek!

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good afternoon. You can stop and wave anytime you like. This photo of all the kitties sleeping together is really nice. Cats and dogs are like any other kids. Siblings always manage to argue and bicker with each other but at the end of the day, they are at peace as one.

As for the baseball, we'll just have to wait and see. I, for one, would like to see the Red Sox bring home the gold again.

Now I have to get back to cooking my meat sauce or we won't be having it with our supper. You have a fabulous day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

ElleDeMai said...

Merci beaucoup!