Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Book Review: Little Girl Lost (DS Lucy Black #1) by Brian McGilloway

Finished March 28, 2014

Synopsis on Good Reads:

A sensational thriller for fans of Tana French and Dennis Lehane.

Midwinter. A child is found wandering through the snowy woods, her hands covered in someone else's blood. And she cannot—or will not—speak, not even to share her name.

Who is this little girl lost? The only adult she seems to trust is the young officer who found her, Detective Lucy Black. Before long, Lucy manages to connect her case to that of a missing teenager, the kidnapped daughter of a local real estate tycoon. As the investigation twists and turns, Lucy is forced to question not only a range of dangerous suspects, but also everything she thought she knew about her own past


My Review on Good Reads

2 of 5 stars

This was only a mildly interesting read. There were perhaps too many characters; too many victims, too many bad guys, too many good guys and they weren’t developed with very rich personalities. There were a few subplots all interwoven with the main story. At times the interwoven subplots made the book difficult to follow. The main plot really isn’t clearly defined and to be honest, I can’t tell you what the climax of the book was because of that.

I suppose that the entire point of book one is to introduce what seems to be the main character for future books in the series, but it didn’t do the job of selling me book 2.

No comments: